Re: Re: unknown seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: unknown seedling
  • From: "Francesca Thoolen" arilpums@comcast.net
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 14:16:25 -0700

Chris, Don't get discouraged. There is a granualr product made by Bayer's Aspirin people. It is their rosefood with systemic. I only use the systemic in the greenhouse because I do not grow any veggies in there. This seems to keep my bugs under check but the reason I liked the Cygon 2E is that you could make a spray solution and this kept the 'varmints' out of the green house. In my case they are mostly squirrels and one roof rat, not every year, [which supposedly is not a disease carrier, it eats fruits and such (according to my agricultural inspector). The squirrels are much smarter than the roof rats. Sven, my husband, covered the openings with 1/2 inch hardware cloth except the two doors at the top six inches. My daughter suggested storing a flat pot of cat sand which has been used and sifted. She says that will keep the rodents away. I haven't tried that yet. Oh well there is always something, isn't there.

Francesca