{Disarmed} Re: TB: Sea Power

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] TB: Sea Power
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 07:02:19 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/2006 10:24:10 P.M. Central Standard Time, sterling_o@yahoo.com writes:
<<Does it grow well, and is it pod/pollen fertile? Thanks in advance.>>

Sterling, Everyone loves this one.  It's pod fertile since Joe Ghio introduced Bubbling Waves from it this year.

I've had this iris since the year of introduction or maybe the next year.  I would have loved to use it in breeding but it just has never performed in a way that I wanted to encourage.  It does NOT grow well for me.

For me, it is extremely slow to increase.  I thought I'd lost it this year and it didn't bloom.  I've had two stalks since I bought it.  Bud count was low here, too.

I don't live in Linda's 'vale of despair' and a surprising number of California iris are growing better here than they did in my earlier locations.  This one has done poorly in two of those locations.

This is only one report.  Hope you get others that are better.  Zone 6.

If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives