{Disarmed} Re: NOID #5 old red

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] NOID #5 old red
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:23:26 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:23:26 -0600

Hi Jan,

I've had a couple of people suggest 'Bang' now, and I have to say it is very close.  All the photos I've seen lean to far into the brown or purple pigments to match, but it's hard to tell how much color variation is due to photography, and how much is real.  The pattern is very nearly identical.  When I counted veins on the falls in your photo and mine, they didn't match up, but in another photo they match exactly (individual variation).  It is at the top of the candidate list (in fact it is the only one I've kept on the list so far).  I'm not sure it's the same, but I may order 'Bang' if I can find it, just for a comparison.  It would be fun to put names on all these.  Margie has sent several possible suggestions for some of them too - thanks to all of you who have sent suggestions.  I'm still open to more too!

I have put a list of (perhaps all - at least most) Long's introductions from between 1959 and 1989, but I don't now how many were before this.  This list should include any that caught my grandfather's eye during the period the ones I photographed were introduced.  I doubt any are much older than 1959, but I think I need to go at least ten years further back.  Not sure when Long's started in business either.  Of course even if he got them from Long's, doesn't mean they were necessarily Long's introductions.  Just a shot in the dark.

Thanks much,

Dave
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=33483&stime=1150169987

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS