{Disarmed} Re: Is any one else getting this "free iris" message?

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Is any one else getting this "free iris" message?
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:45:04 -0700 (PDT)

Kent, I am just going to delete it.  If no one in this group has ever heard of Nancy Pfifer and some relation to iris I am sure it is just spam.  If guess if they put enough different words into headings someone was bound to hit upon "iris" sometime.

Have a good day.

Jan in Chatsworth

Kent Appleberry <appleb@cut.net> wrote:
Good point about having to open to forward. Don't think you can do that with
Yahoo mail (and maybe not other mail clients either). Oh well, probably
nothing but spam anyway.

Kent

Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com> said:

> Thank you John. I know about Phishing and would not send a message. That
is the same reason I did not open it.

> I think I will see if I can forward it to Kent as he has offered to try
and check it out on his MAC. However, I am not sure I can find a way without
opening it or ?? I will have to get some advice from my son first.

> Anything I do with it will be done off-group. I do not want to create
problems for anyone.

> Thank you,
>
> Jan in Chatsworth
>
> John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com> wrote:
> Connie (et. alia)
>
> Sending a response as Connie suggests may be a very bad idea. Often
> spammers send out messages like that just hoping someone will respond
> to it. When they get a response, they know they have a valid address
> (the responder's) and can add it to a list for spammers to use. It is
> called Phishing (fishing)
>
> Unfortunately the way it is.
>
> John
>
> On Jun 14, 2006, at 6:45 AM, cseggen1@aol.com wrote:
>
> > It might be someone wanting 'free iris'. Try sending a message TO
> > the person's address asking who she is & see if it goes thru or you
> > get a response.
> >

> > Connie Eggen
> > Warsaw, MO zone 5+
> >

> John | "There be dragons here"
> | Annotation used by ancient cartographers
> | to indicate the edge of the known world.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

> This e-mail has been scanned by Cut.Net Managed Email Content Service, using
Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on
Cut.Nets Content Service, visit http://www.cut.net