Re: What's happening to my Superstition??

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] What's happening to my Superstition??
  • From: little bit littlebit63_38024@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:52:47 -0700 (PDT)

 I had several do this in my garden this yr. I too
blamed the rain, the storms (hail damage) and the late
cold spells we had.
 It was so disappointing waiting for an iris to open
only to have it rot away.
 Hopefully someone can tell us if the weather did
cause this.

littlebit

--- La Vie En Rose Gardens <berni@la-vie-en-rose.ca>
wrote:

> I was SO looking forward to seeing this one bloom!!!
>  It was an order planted early last fall and
> produced  3 HUGE buds, each almost coming to the
> opening stage and the next day ... all 'mushy'.    I
> dismissed the first 2 because we had had a lot of
> rain in a 2 week period but we've had beautiful
> sunny warm weather in the past week and the last
> bud, I was sure!!, was going to open on Wednesday or
> yesterday.  When I got back from work last nite, it
> had turned to mush during the day too!
>
> What's up with that??? Did all that rain maybe get
> trapped inside the bud all this time and rotted it
> our just as it was going to open or something???  It
> should be noted that it is the only one doing that
> in a bed of 266 plants !
>
> Berni(ce)
> in Burritts Rapids, ON  Canada   USDA Zone 4b-5> No
virus found in this outgoing message.

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/qTZcGA/gOaOAA/79vVAA/2gGylB/TM