{Disarmed} Re: What's happening to my Superstition??

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] What's happening to my Superstition??
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:05:05 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/2006 9:56:35 A.M. Central Standard Time, littlebit63_38024@yahoo.com writes:
<<I had several do this in my garden this yr. I too blamed the rain,>>

Guess I was lucky?  Several thousand irises bloomed here and only one did this . . . RIPPLING RIVER.

I'd bought three last summer in hopes of having pollen this spring.  Only one put up a late stalk and it quit growing at about 6 inches.  Only two blooms and both did this.

I really wanted to make that cross but I'm not going to complain!  It was a long and beautiful spring!  Although I had bloom about a week earlier, my first recorded cross was April 22 and my last cross was May 24,  Lots of rain during that period.

If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives