{Disarmed} Re: textured seedling

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] textured seedling
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:52:23 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:52:24 -0600

This texturing looks identical to what happens to many Iris in my yard after open for a few hours, and most by the second day.  Here it is caused by dehydration of the tepals, which allows the vascular system to stand out more strongly in relief.  Of course this is in a climate that by bloom season for TB's is usually hot, dry and windy in the day, and dry and windy at night too.
Dave Ferguson
central NM