Re: Sugar Coated, Autumn Reisling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Sugar Coated, Autumn Reisling
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@lock-net.com
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:07:09 -0400

The booklet of guest irises lists SUGAR COATED - my recollection is that
it wasn't open anywhere other than Schreiners' indoor display - a late
bloomer.  Which may be why I don't have notes on it.

But my memory isn't great anymore - anybody else?

Another one that looked good as far as the plant is concerned was AUTUMN
REISLING, but it is another late bloomer, wasn't open anywhere (that I
saw), and isn't in their big catalog.  My notes say "orange, VL, not
open but healthy and looked good".

Did any of you see AUTUMN R open and get a photo?

Thanks Jan for all the pix, especially for the wider angle views of
some.  Not quite clump shots all the way to the ground <g>, but still
great general aspect of what the stalks and blooms look like.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM