{Disarmed} Re: Re: Sugar Coated, Autumn Reisling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Re: Sugar Coated, Autumn Reisling
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:33:36 -0700 (PDT)

AUTUMN REISLING was listed in a couple of gardens but must not have been in bloom in any.  As it was listed as a Schreiner 2006, I looked in the catalog but it does not seem to be listed there at all.  I wonder if they decided not to introduce it after it had been sent to the guest gardens two years ago.
I do have full clump shots of many but I cropped them for sending so people could see the flowers better.  If you are interested in any particular one, please let me know and I can see what kind of shot I have.
I am sending ALL NIGHT LONG (Duncan) which I did not include in the 2005s because it was raining quite heavily and I did not get a good shot of an individual flower.  However the clump shot gives the overall impression fairly well.

Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com> wrote:
The booklet of guest irises lists SUGAR COATED - my recollection is that
it wasn't open anywhere other than Schreiners' indoor display - a late
bloomer. Which may be why I don't have notes on it.

But my memory isn't great anymore - anybody else?

Another one that looked good as far as the plant is concerned was AUTUMN
REISLING, but it is another late bloomer, wasn't open anywhere (that I
saw), and isn't in their big catalog. My notes say "orange, VL, not
open but healthy and looked good".

Did any of you see AUTUMN R open and get a photo?

Thanks Jan for all the pix, especially for the wider angle views of
some. Not quite clump shots all the way to the ground <g>, but still
great general aspect of what the stalks and blooms look like.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Do You Yahoo!?
http://mail.yahoo.com __._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=33694&stime=1151087630