{Disarmed} Re: Autumn Reisling

  • Subject: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Re: Autumn Reisling
  • From: Mike Ayers otisburg426@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:13:17 -0700 (PDT)

Schreiner's introduced Autumn Reisling this spring after the catalogs were mailed; they send out periodic Email newsletters during the year to customers and the introduction was announced in one of those.  The iris is available on their website.

Mike Ayers
St Louis MO

Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com> wrote:
AUTUMN REISLING was listed in a couple of gardens but must not have been in bloom in any.  As it was listed as a Schreiner 2006, I looked in the catalog but it does not seem to be listed there at all.  I wonder if they decided not to introduce it after it had been sent to the guest gardens two years ago.

Linda,

I do have full clump shots of many but I cropped them for sending so people could see the flowers better.  If you are interested in any particular one, please let me know and I can see what kind of shot I have.

I am sending ALL NIGHT LONG (Duncan) which I did not include in the 2005s because it was raining quite heavily and I did not get a good shot of an individual flower.  However the clump shot gives the overall impression fairly well.

Jan

Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com> wrote:
The booklet of guest irises lists SUGAR COATED - my recollection is that
it wasn't open anywhere other than Schreiners' indoor display - a late
bloomer. Which may be why I don't have notes on it.

But my memory isn't great anymore - anybody else?

Another one that looked good as far as the plant is concerned was AUTUMN
REISLING, but it is another late bloomer, wasn't open anywhere (that I
saw), and isn't in their big catalog. My notes say "orange, VL, not
open but healthy and looked good".

Did any of you see AUTUMN R open and get a photo?

Thanks Jan for all the pix, especially for the wider angle views of
some. Not quite clump shots all the way to the ground <g>, but still
great general aspect of what the stalks and blooms look like.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8