{Disarmed} Re: Fw: Re: Photo Sugar Coated

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: Fw: [iris-photos] Re: Photo Sugar Coated
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:46:33 EDT

My guess is that the stalk this spring in Portland was cut on a relatively cool or cold day and then protected from the elements.
The picture in the catalog may have been taken on a hot day in full sun.  If the blue we see is only on the distal end of the beard, and I can't tell from the pictures, it may fade rapidly in sunlight.
Just a possibility!
If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives