{Disarmed} Re: Re: Sugar Coated, Autumn Reisling

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Re: Sugar Coated, Autumn Reisling
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:24:09 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/2006 12:06:12 A.M. Central Standard Time, janicelauritzen@yahoo.com writes:
<<Schreiner's seems to have introduced Hot Spiced Wine (2000), Raspberry Wine (2001), and Parvin's Pinot (2004).  Is one of these the other one you are referring to about "winery related"?>>

Amity Reserve (2005) is the one I was trying to remember.  The ones they introduce in honor of, or in conjunction with, the winery are not listed in their catalog.

<<Does Schreiner's have some connection to a winery?  I don't see any references to one on the web.>>

Yes. But I can't remember any details.  Think I read it in the online newsletter I get, but I can't be sure.

In the past they have allowed general nurseries to introduce one iris here and there.  Park's introduced a black . . .

PARK'S BLACK JACK (Schreiner, R. 2003). Sdlg. AA 423-A. TB 36" (91 cm) ML.
"Deep violet black (RHS 103A) self; beards dark black. Dusky Challenger X V 94-2, sib to Paint It Black pod parent., Park Seed 2003. "

and a series of irises with names starting with Wayside.

then, Wayside Gardens. . . introduced Grape Ice and Wayside's Apricot Delight!

GRAPE ICE (Schreiner, R. 1997). Sdlg. T 565-C. TB 37" (94 cm) L.
"Laced warm lavender (RHS 76A), white signal; beards white, tipped yellow. K 366-2: (Silver Shower x Fabulous Frills) X R 297-B: ((Craig #41 x Breaking Dawn) x ((C 973-A x ((Alpenrose x Whole Cloth) x Cashmere)) x Breaking Dawn))., Wayside Gardens 1997. "

If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives