Re: HYB: Veiny Standards

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Veiny Standards
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 03:15:27 -0000

Hello Tom,

You might want to check the photo I posted in May '04 of MOVE OVER, an
MTB, Varner, '95. It nearly always has some veining in the standards
when it blooms here. Sometimes they are almost like the falls and
sometimes just a few markings, but it nearly always has veins. It's an
interesting feature. The link to the photo I posted to iris-photos is:

http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/may04/msg00176.html

A search in the archives for MOVE OVER wasn't working too well, but I
posted the photo in May '04. I think it would be a neat effect to have
the pattern of the falls on the inside of the standards - or something
similar.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA