Re: TB: Obsidian

  • Subject: Re: TB: Obsidian
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 12:26:28 -0400

Nice picture, Sterling.

What kind of climate are you in? Just wondering where you are, how your
conditions might contrast with Oregon & here.

When I saw OBSIDIAN at Portland last year, it impressed me with
consistently blooming in all the gardens, plus making what looked like
good pollen on normal anthers in spite of all the rain. And has form I
like, plus very little white around the upper hafts.

One of few pods this year from 100s of attempted crosses was IMM X
OBSIDIAN. Hopefully, IMMORTALITY will make up for poor bud count,
branching, and poor growth, but if your climate is similar to mine,
that's something I'd like to know.

<Not a good grower for me and I've had it several
years. It skips years. Not too hot on bud count or
branching either. >
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group