AB: repeat bloom and iris companion

  • Subject: AB: repeat bloom and iris companion
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:54:48 -0500

At least this fellow has been a companion since yesterday. Diswun is being
cautious and frankly the chicken snake didn't seem concerned. Datwun wasn't
having any part of it today. Guess she decided yesterday was enough when
the snake took exception to her examination and scared her. I think the
snake has established supremacy over the dogs. And where did it go up the
tree? Directly over the repeat bloom of THABOR and an AB seedling. They
were the reason I was there with the camera in the first place. The snake
is probably a bit over 4' long. Anyone ever seen a SMALL chickensnake? Not
me. Watching them climb a tree is simply amazing. No fingers or toes to
dig in with, but they just smoothly glide up, up and away. Birds are
nesting so I probably don't want to think what the meals have been.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

__._,_.___