HYB: Orettas Shadow X Romantic Evening 4

  • Subject: HYB: Orettas Shadow X Romantic Evening 4
  • From: mahlberg s <s_j_mahlberg@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 12:08:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

I'm excited a bit. After this nasty weather and poor growing season, resulting in slow bloom development, I finally got my first seedling this season to open.

I placed a photograph of last years seedling #9 from the same cross (Oretta's Shadow X Romantic Evening) on the right of this year's maiden bloom of seedling #4 from that same cross.

The coloration is similar, but the #4 seedling from this season is certainly darker and more of a purple bitone with red tipped yellow beards. Even in different lighting situations, the #4 is definitely darker overall in it's coloration.
#5 was a purple self, which had it's maiden bloom in '06.
#8 seedling has yet to open, but will bloom in about a week.

thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy this seedling as much as I do.

Steve Mahlberg zone 4b Northeastern Minnesota

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group