Re: Old Fashioned iris

  • Subject: Re: Old Fashioned iris
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:04:21 EDT

In a message dated 6/13/2007 9:25:03 A.M. Central Daylight Time, cseggen1@aol.com writes:
<<I grew up recognizing "Blue Flag" as a darker bluish purple, very early SDB? >>
The one I saw growing up in northeastern  Arkansas was a bi-tone purple.  It was a short tall, rarely growing over 24 inches.  I've seen the same one growing here in KY.  Looks the same anyway.  Some of the older yards in this area (KY) have an intermediate cream growing and blooming.  I'd say possibly Southland but maybe not.  I've grown Southland.
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives
iris-talk archives