Re: Looking for new camera .....

  • Subject: Re: Looking for new camera .....
  • From: Anita Moran <avmoran1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:03:14 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Comparison of Point and Shoot Digital Cameras

Manufacturer

Model

Megapixals

(MP)

Zoom

Special

Feature

Cost

Nikon

Coolpix®

6.0 – 10

3X

Converter lens available (zoom, wide angle)

$115 –

$300

Kodak

Easy Share®

6.0 – 10

3-6X

Most need docking station (~$99)

$150 – $300

Sony

Cybershot®

7.0 – 10

3-6X

$130 –  $450

Canon

Powershot®

5.0 – 10

3-6X

$130 –  $450

Minolta

ŦDiAMGE®

5.0 – 10

3X

Ŧ See notes

$120 – $300 *

Ŧ Most in this product line are discontinued and manufacture support is questionable

* E-Bay

It is always best to get the highest MP but extras are also important
I love canon but the others are great as well