Re: TB - Gypsy Romance - NOT

  • Subject: Re: TB - Gypsy Romance - NOT
  • From: tmilchh@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 23:50:54 EDT

Dear Beth,
    You cannot buy irises from a garden center and expect it to be the iris labeled. You must buy irises from an iris garden: Schreiners, Cooleys, Sutton's, etc.
    I bought a beautiful Japanese Purple iris from a reputable garden center. It was labeled, "Star King", I think? But when I looked the name up in the R & I book, it was a Tall Bearded, not a Japanese iris. Mislabeled.
    Also sorry in Kentucky. The JI is still a beautiful iris, just not the name variety.

See what's free at AOL.com.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News