Re: Photo: Historic TB ID

  • Subject: Re: Photo: Historic TB ID
  • From: "amconway1636" <amconway@telusplanet.net>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 02:16:34 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, <jacksonb@...> wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
> This beauty opened up wonderfully yesterday despite the wind and
was not fazed by overnight rains. Here it is today standing tall and
proud. I received it in 2001 as Byzantium and it matches the photo
on the HIPS website but thought I would post it here to make sure it
really is. Can anyone confirm the ID for me? Please and thanks,
> BJ in SW MB, Canadian Prairies, Zone 3(ish)
I've only seen the HIPS pictures as well. They do seem a good match
to me! I notice that you are in Canada too - Are you a member of
HIPS? If so we should talk in the exchange forum about what we are
growing. Don't have anything to trade right now, but put in 24
historics last year and will be putting in another 20 of so this
year. Well, that's not quite true, I do have tons (!) of
some "probably Mrs. Andrist", but most folks already have some. Dug
up all the iris in the yard of a house being torn down for ugly
condos and it all turned out to be Mrs. Andrist (apparently)

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Fashion News