Re: CULT:pests

Anne,

Where do you live ? I think leaf spot is caused or encouraged by
excessive humidity but I can't be sure. As for borers, these a moth
larva that hatch and bore into the rhizome of the Iris and cause the
entire plant to die. In my case, the borers, possibly due to late
hatching, get into the stalk and eatthe blooms as the stalk grows.
They destroy all but a few blooms. I will no longer buy or seriously
grow Irises in the future because of this until a pesticide become
available.

Chris
North of Montreal, Quebec, Canada

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Ann Conway" <amconway@...> wrote:

> You guys have mentioned some Iris problems that I'm not familiar
with. What are these 'iris borers' and 'leaf spots' of which you
speak?
> Ann

__._,_.___
Recent Activity