SPU: spuria postings

  • Subject: SPU: spuria postings
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:17:09 -0500

I'm so glad to see the photos of the spurias.  Here in upper central Texas
where it's hot and very windy most of the time when they bloom (not this
year) they suffer some from the effects of both.  Nonetheless they tend to
be easy, rewarding plants to grow once they are established.  Here they get
pretty tall, though most don't quite reach registered heights.  They are
carefree plants once established.  I pretty much leave them alone except for
trying to kick-start them in the fall by giving some supplemental water.
If I could wish for one thing, it would be that they wouldn't go dormant
because their reed-like foliage is really nice and I'd like to have it all
summer long.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

the control of the moderator of this list.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: