RE: SPU: spuria postings

  • Subject: RE: SPU: spuria postings
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:16:23 -0700

I have a few spurias, mostly orange and yellow and a rusty brown that I don’t like.  I am trying to get more blues, purples, and those with the lovely markings.  Ours get irrigation every two weeks all through our hot, 110+, summer.  They don’t go dormant.  However they are too thick and it’s hard to remove the old bloom stalks.  When they go dormant for you, do you cut back all the old dead foliage?

Thanks for all the pictures.  They are beautiful

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9