Re: SPU: Aussie Bred

Thank you for sending these.  They are all beautiful but I think Peak Alone is wonderful.  Of course, the size on Just Janelle would make it a winner for me.
I know Blyth's irises but the other hybridizers are new to me.  I just looked up their bios in the Pries book.  It is so helpful.
Are you crossing any spurias yourself?
Jan in Chatsworth

Colleen Modra <colleen@impressiveirises.com.au> wrote:
Thought I would throw in a few Australian bred ones. Just Janelle has the largest blooms I've ever seen on a spuria, and I've several times won best spuria floret with it, at the iris show, blooms early for me although registered as mid season.
PEAK ALONE (P Evans 97) E 105- 120cm
JUST JANELLE (Sylvia 96) M 117cm
CINNAMON MOON (Blyth 03) M 105cm
Colleen Modra