looking for'Provencal' (Cayeux '78)

  • Subject: looking for'Provencal' (Cayeux '78)
  • From: "Ellen Gallagher" <e_galla@ncia.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:24:41 -0400

Hello – This is a photo of Provencal in my garden this year. I have had three people that would like to purchase it

from a reliable source without having to import it from France. I thought I surely got it from Superstition, Iris Colorado or

Schreiners but they all said they never sold this lovely cultivar. I did write to Joe Spears (he doesn’t have it) and Paul

Black - I am waiting to hear from Paul – he does import from Cayeux, I think, so that might be a way of obtaining it maybe

next year?

PROVENCAL (J. Cayeux, R. 1978), Sdlg. 69 41 A. TB, 36" (91 cm), EM
"S. bordeaux red on yellow ground; F. bright yellow with 1/3" bordeaux red border. Radiant Apogee X High Life. Cayeux 1977 "

I just don’t want to divide mine yet. It is a great iris. I wondered if I had the right name so I checked Cayeux page and I did

and here is their listing and pic….frankly, my pic captures more of the vibrancy of the colors here in northern New Hampshire.

 We are still inn TB peak and almost in Siberian peak (and the peonies are stealing the show J. The Japanese iris are in good

green bud. Great bloom season here in the mountains.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ellen Gallagher

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group