Re: CULT: mushrooms and leafspot

  • Subject: Re: CULT: mushrooms and leafspot
  • From: jules oroboros <jules_oroboros@yahoo.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:00:23 +1000 (EST)

Hi Donald

The first year I planted all of my Iris I had the worst leaf spot. A problem I have never encountered before I moved. One of the local Iris growers here told me to put plenty of lime onto the Iris over Autumn/winter. I haven't had a spot since doing this every year. Where I had moved the Iris from underneath the top soils were big deposits of limestone and lime stone caves so I had never even thought of using lime on any of the gardens. But it's worked.

Jules

Donald Eaves <donald@eastland.net> wrote:
With all the rain the mushrooms have been plentiful. The larger one in the
photo was about 10" in diameter. Leafspot has been present in many beds,
but not all. I've actually had it worse in years past, but it's still an
aggravation. No rot has shown up. Rain is continuing in the area. Too
much at times, but for my part a whole lot better than drought. Everytime
it rains, I'm afraid it's going to be the last one.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

__._,_.___