Re: [SPAM] HYB: 06-08

  • Subject: Re: [SPAM] HYB: 06-08
  • From: "John Bruce" <jbruce1@cinci.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:21:01 -0400

I actually like to work in the dark tones. Blacks, dark blues and purples, with contrasting (read white, red, orange and yellow)
beards.  Every now and then I make a wild cross, usually because I have had a bad year setting pods on planned crosses.
As the season comes to a close I get in the mindset of "well, I only have a few crosses, so lets see what's still blooming"
and I go and make a cross like this one. Unplanned, no goal in mind since it is at the mercy of what dozen irises are left
in bloom. It is sometimes amazing what comes out of it.