HYB: blues

  • Subject: HYB: blues
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:27:34 -0500

I think we were talking about blues a month or so ago, and I didn't have time to get into it.  Here, attached, is a seedling that I've had for a while that is one of the bluest irises I've ever seen.  The reason I've never registered it is that the bloom is too big for its height.  I have learned that, depending on where it is planted, it will show more violet during the day.  Where it was originally grown, and where it now is, however, it remains as blue as you see it all day long.  No crosses from it yet, and as tastes change, I must also try for more horizontal form in the crosses.  --  Griff

JPEG image

JPEG image