Re: Please Help on tree ID

  • Subject: Re: Please Help on tree ID
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 08:34:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Laura,

I know what you mean about plum but the fruit is only growing in large clusters only at the ends of branches.  The leaves do remind me of an Evergreen Plum but our plums have always seemed to spread the fruit out over the branches in ones and twos.  Also, we did not notice the  flowers and plum trees are pretty showy.  We will let them continue to ripen and see what happens in a month or so.  I'll let you know what we find out then.

Thank you for your suggestion.  It is going down as #1 on my list.

Jan in Chatsworth, So. Calif.