PHOTO: TB: Queen Anne's Lace

  • Subject: PHOTO: TB: Queen Anne's Lace
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 17:20:06 EDT

If you like B-I-G flowers, Maryott's Queen Anne's Lace is the one for you.  It is a crisp, pretty white tangerine bearded flower that has just a hint of pale blue on its edges and is graced with lace and flair.  I usually don't like huge flowers on iris because of our spring winds here, where gusts get up to 55 mph.  Wind in itself isn't bad, but the gusts give a quick bursting blast to the iris stalks, and some just can't handle that.  This one just stands proudly in the face of wind.  I also like this one because of the name association with the wildflower Queen Anne's Lace which I like to photograph in the wild.

Elm