Unknown historic - ID possible?

  • Subject: Unknown historic - ID possible?
  • From: "laura berenson" <lsberenson@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 13:45:34 -0500

Hello all - this photo was posted to a daylily group I belong to, as a NOID.
The poster was interested in knowing whether anyone could ID it. He was
directed to the HIPS iris ID forum, looked at the images he was given, and
concluded that it was probably RAMESES. Another poster to the daylily group
suggested possible IDs of AUTUMN SUNSET and FARANDOLE.

Here is his color description of the iris:

"The upright petals are not white/white; they are a light tan/cream with no
hint of blue tones. The downward sepals are more of a muddy red rather than
an outright purple. (Please pardon my use of daylily terms, but I am almost
totally uneducated as to iris terms). However, my photos are still very
close to true color tones. Thanks for any help, LaVere"

Do any of you have any thoughts on whether his tentative ID is correct?

Thanks,
Laura Berenson
Pipersville, PA

JPEG image