Re: What Am I??

  • Subject: Re: What Am I??
  • From: Bill Chaney <billchaney@ymail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 16:38:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dana,

Your caterpillar is what most entomologists call a saltmarsh caterpillar.  If you google 'saltmarsh caterpillar' you get a confusing set of photos.  Texas A&M shows this photo:

estigmene_acrea_larva_lateral_m_01.jpg

Your caterpillar will surely become a moth of some kind.   The most likely adult would look like this:

saltmar.html.jpg

They should not require control.

Hope this helps.

Bill