Iris missouriensis

  • Subject: Iris missouriensis
  • From: Bill Chaney <billchaney@ymail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 21:53:55 -0700 (PDT)

This year the pasture below my home is experiencing a good I. missouriensis bloom.  The pasture is bordered by the Little Deschutes River which sub-irrigates the pasture.  The area is at 4200 feet in the central Oregon high desert.   There is some variability in bloom color and time, as well as height and quantity of flowers.  I will collect seed for the SIGNA seed exchange for anyone interested.  I have sent the photos to iris-photos.

Bill

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image