TB: Faraway Blue (G. Plough '81)

  • Subject: TB: Faraway Blue (G. Plough '81)
  • From: Cordesview <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:41:01 -0400

Hi Again!

Ran out and snapped this photo for ya'll real quick. yeah, I know. June 22 and I have TB's in Full Bloom. My 2nd siberian (out of about 15) just bloomed this mornin' as well!

This is FARAWAY BLUE. and the second photo was taken in the shade by yours-truly, to show the pigment-blotching per a current conversation on the list.

I have noticed that as of recent, hybridizers have been noting that the pigment marks belong on the iris, possibly as not to confuse judges when judging and iris and thinking that it is virus-stricken. Mr. Plough, who hybridized FARAWAY BLUE, did not take that precaution. Unless, somewhere along the line after he registered it, his stock GOT a virus, and it has never left. (I don't think this is the case, though.)

I like this iris. Quite a noticeable clump, even if it might be too-closely spaced HUGE blooms . . . somewhat dis-proportionate.

(G. Plough, R. 1980). Sdlg. 75-27-2. TB, 36" (91 cm), ML.
Light cobalt blue (44/3); white beard, indian yellow in throat. Sweetwater X Faustina Walker. Eden Road 1981.

JPEG image

Faraway Blue

JPEG image

Faraway Blue