Re: TB: American Sweetheart

  • Subject: Re: TB: American Sweetheart
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 03:51:55 -0700 (PDT)

Well you were right Donald, both Iris junonia and 'Honky Tonk Blues' pollens failed to set pods on 'American Sweetheart'. But... when I saw those failing I thought I'd try something different on the last bloom. 'Norah's Thrill' (I posted a picture about the same time) was in bloom nearby, so that's what I used.

Wouldn't ya know, that pod is looking good. So unless its a balloon pod, I might get some babies from 'American Sweetheart' after all.
Tom

Re: TB: American Sweetheart

From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:56:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Donald,
It looks about as strongly colored (for PBF) as any I've seen. Thanks for suggesting this one to me. I also remember you saying that it might be a difficult parent. I was going to try some different aphylla pollens on it but didn't have any of those saved, so I've used tried Iris junonia and 'Honky Tonk Blues' on the couple of blooms I got on the one start.
I'll let you know if any of these are successful.
Thanks, Tom

From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 16:26:40 -0000

How does the PBF look at your place?