Re: Chimera or Jumping Gene?

Hi El

Looks like a chimera to me. During  development the anthocyanin gene failed to switch on in part of the flower. Great for letting you see what's under the blue.

Here's one of mine where the dominant white gene failed to switch on, in Song Of Norway.

Colleen Modra

El Hutchison wrote:

I noticed this seedling had a yellow "streak" on it this year.  Never seen that in the 7 or so years it's been in my garden.  I don't know the parents, alas.
This happened with IB Swing School a few years back too, but in its regular colours.
I know in lilies this would be called a "jumping gene", but is there a phrase for it in iris terms?

JPEG image