Re: Cult: iris pests
  • Subject: Re: Cult: iris pests
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 17:40:12 -0500

That's what I'd always thought they looked like.

Here's a link to a photo that looks like the one I encountered near the
Iris cristata/verna clump at Frozen Head Sat. According to the ranger,
this is the color phase most abundant there. Gorgeous gold and tan
thing. Silly me, I thought it was another color phase of copperhead &
poked at it with my hiking stick to get it to move where I could see it
better. Its body shape was also very different from yours - about 3 ft
long, looked like it was nearly 4 inches across at its widest point.

Sure am glad he doesn't live in my garden!

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7