Re: Cult: iris pests
  • Subject: Re: Cult: iris pests
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 03:03:00 -0000

Different brands here. Yours is a timber rattlesnake, mine is a Western Diamond back rattlesnake. That's all I've ever seen here in my locale, though presumably the occasional Eastern Dimondback shows up, along with what we call 'prairie rattlesnakes' (Missauga, I think) and rock rattlesnakes. I've seen those, but not here. They are more common north and west of me. The little 'rock rattlers' look very different than the one in my photos and don't get very large. The effect of a bite is about the same, I think. Saw a little yellow rattlesnake in Costa Rica. Typical rattlesnake conformation, but the color of a ripe banana. There's quite a variety of rattlesnakes. A 3 ft copperhead would be one for the record books!