RE: Verna vs cristata foliage?
  • Subject: RE: Verna vs cristata foliage?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 05:45:14 -0500

Verna is generally described as having more linear upright foliage than
cristata, which is why I suspect this is probably just an odd growth
habit of cristata, but like you say, those descriptions may be for verna
in bloom.  Plus the habitat seems harsh for cristata, especially for it
to be looking so lush.

I've cross-posted to the iris species group - maybe someone there grows
it and can comment.

<That was a long time ago, and I don’t have the pictures online, but I
remember the foliage as more erect than in your photo. Then again, maybe
the foliage is more upright earlier in the spring, during flowering.

We need someone who’s actually grown it and seen it year round.>

the control of the moderator of this list. Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)