SHOW: 3 Artistic Division Designs
  • Subject: SHOW: 3 Artistic Division Designs
  • From: Cordesview <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:45:11 -0400

Our iris show consists of an Artistic Division as well.

The Theme this year was THE CIRCUS.

Classes were:
1. Elephants -- Black, brown, or purple iris.
2. Clowns -- Any color of iris.
3. Ringmaster -- Red iris
4. Popcorn -- White iris
5. Cotton Candy -- Pink iris
6. Lion Tamer -- Orange or Yellow iris.
7. Horses -- Bicolor or Plicata iris.
8. Balloons -- arts & crafts depicting iris
(Props may be used but are not a requirement.)

The photos are captioned, but I'll reiterate in case cyberspace screws things up.

The Lavender iris design with a stuffed elephant was designed by Ruth Gifford of Luzerne. She wasn't going to make ANY designs this year (for various reasons which included feeling a lack of inspiration.) I'm SO glad she did! She won Artistic Sweepstakes with the most blue ribbons in the Artistic Division!

The design with 'Thornbird' and a pony by it was designed by Dolores Meinzinger of Lachine. She always does very well in the artistic division, again winning the Best Design of Show.

Finally, People's Choice Design was voted on by the public attending our show. The award goes to Kim Kocher of Hale with his arrangement/design in a hand-blown colored glass vase.

JPEG image

Elephants 1st place
Design by Ruth Gifford of Lachine -- Artistic Sweepstakes Winner, 2010.

JPEG image

Best Design of Show, class "Horses"
Best Design of Show by Dolores Meinzinger of Lachine.

JPEG image

Ringmater 2nd place & People's Choice Design
Design by Kim Kocher of Hale.