Re: re: Re: Unknown> probably Rosette Wine
  • Subject: Re: re: Re: Unknown> probably Rosette Wine
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 09:12:54 -0700

Hi Adam,
TAIS did not have a show this year, because we held the REGION 15 TREK this year. It turned out wonderful! There were people who came out as far as OKLAHOMA. There was 2 judges training sessions, A tour to 4 nice-sized iris display gardens (One was really quite large) of recently introduced cultivars and seedlings. The event concluded with a banquet and a guest speaker - Hugh Stout. He's a hybridizer for both irises and daylilies).
I did exhibit a few of seedlings and a couple of my more recent introductions.  More than half had already stopped blooming before the Trek occurred.  As for awards - there was a tie between my 'Birthday Magic' (2009) and Cheryl Deaton's 'Renegade Lady' (2009) for the Best in Region Hyrdridizer Award............for "the best introduced cultivar". (This award is called the Herb Holk award.)  Enclosed is BIRTHDAY MAGIC.
~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.