Please recommend some newer cultivars
  • Subject: Please recommend some newer cultivars
  • From: Caroline Nave <carsnave@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 17:49:29 -0700 (PDT)

To all out there in the Iris Photo Group.
I couldn't go to convention the past few years, but I am looking for the 50 best rebloomers of the past 5 years and for 50 new cultivars or TB's introduced in 2005 or more recently.  I need to replace some less than stellar older plants in the Iris Beds at Memphis Botanic Gardens.
Memphis Area Iris Society provides the rhizomes for this garden and I don't know what to buy.  Since, like all Iris Societies, the expenditures have to be approved by the board, I would like to present some choices to them and see if we can get some newer plants in the garden.  We still like the historics and have a place set aside for them, but also need some of the best new ones out there.
How about sending me some recommendations, the source for each and a photo if possible.
Use carsnave@yahoo.com to send this information.

Caroline Nave