Re: More Madison photos - Capitol Debut
  • Subject: Re: More Madison photos - Capitol Debut
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 12:03:05 -0400

The National gardens are for display and information.  If they were to dead head the gardens, it would remove important information.  How many blooms did this iris produce?  If I'm torn between voting for two similiar irises it helps if I know which one produces the most buds.  Of course, there are many other things I'd want to know too, but this is how people know bud count.  Same is true for seedlings on a show bench.

<<pictures of the National open gardens and saw ugly dead flower heads hanging even there.>>
The gardens should mark the rebloomers, too.  Again, if two irises appear identical, the rebloomer should have the edge simply because it extends bloom season.
Betty Wilkerson
KY Zone 6