Re: AIS Photos Contest ending June 30th - Confusion
  • Subject: Re: AIS Photos Contest ending June 30th - Confusion
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:50:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Janet,

I totally forgot about the contest.  Thank you for the reminder.  I do have a couple of questions though.

It says 4 x 6 inch photos.  What if the picture is square or an elongated rectangle?  I have a tour shot which is twice as wide as it is tall and another which is square.  Any suggestions?

Also, what does 300 dpi mean in terms of a digital photo sent on-line?  How does that relate to pixels or resolution or kb??  Photoshop gives me resolutions of 72 etc. and also pixels.  It doesn't seem to provide dpi in my size choices.

What should the kb be?  For Iris Photos it is 50 kb, for TWiki it is 75 kb.  Both are very low for really decent photos.  I was thinking more of 500 kb.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Totally confused in Chatsworth - Jan