Re: Strange Markings on TB Stem
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Strange Markings on TB Stem
  • From: Bill Chaney <billchaney@ymail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 21:53:54 -0700 (PDT)

I have never seen this type of damage in iris, but it reminds me of damage I have seen on celery when I was working in California.  The cause was feeding from true bugs (often the Lygus Bug).  They are pretty secretive so not seeing them doesn't mean they were not there.  It seems that the feeding of the bug damages cells that cause the marks as the stems elongate.  Just a guess....

Bill