Re: HYB: Metallic gold edge
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Metallic gold edge
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:34:51 -0400

Wow - <very> nice grandchild of HoM! Who cares about the metalic gold
edge ;-) But I love the yellow rim on the falls. It doesn't look
particularly narrow in the photo. & looks like very nice bud placement.

Most of my HoM kids haven't been particularly fertile - I tried hard to
set pods on several of the HoM X pinks this year and finally got a cross
(HoM x Pink Quartz) X (Dr Alan x Renown);
"cloud shadows" & ("cloud shadows" x (IMM x Kiwi Cheesecake)) X (HoM x
(HoM x Kiwi Cheesecake) X Center Ice (well, sometimes, stuff just
happens out in "cloud cuckoo land")

I don't know if the HoM X Mastery seedling will give fertile pollen in
the future, but so far, it's only the second seedling from HOM to
produce good pollen here in the 'vale'. Fortunately, the other one is
from HoM X TREASURED - should see bloom from some of it's kids next
spring (or sooner).