Re: HYB: Come What May X Lunar Whitewash
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Come What May X Lunar Whitewash
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:05:35 -0400

The seedling does credit to its parent, LW, Mary Lou.  --  Griff
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:18 AM
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: Come What May X Lunar Whitewash

Very seldom do I get to try a cross that seems as good a match
as this.
Come What May, Ernst 94. 37" from Edith Wolford & Afternoon Delight
reblooms somewhere, not here. Some kids RE here.
orangeish variegata - has given pastel oranges & bicolors
good branching & bud count, thin foliage and stalks
poor substance, some lace
tough as nails, blooms big in spring no matter what, or
as the name implies - come what may
LW did everything I could hope for as pollen parent in the cross.
I'm hoping some of these babies will be carrying orange. Not much
time to make crosses this spring, but crossing with RE Tenderly kids
is in their future.  Here's a stalk of another CWM X LW.
Enjoying Japanese in the rain now. Siberians Nothing But The Blues
and Ships Are Sailing are repeating north of Indianapolis.
Mary Lou