Re: HYB: Prince George X Designer Gown - double edges
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Prince George X Designer Gown - double edges
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 14:30:00 -0400

Looks like a winner, Mary Lou, with the wire edge as icing on the cake!

Was talking to friends in Indianapolis earlier today who were telling me about your excessive rainfall.   They said iris bloom was great, but that they had to stake them because of the extra height and moisture.   Hope things balance out.  They say White River hasnât flooded too badly in your area, but much worse downstream.  I remember filling sandbags to protect Ravenswood one year  --  also a winter when the river rose literally to my doorstep, then froze  --  so am glad to hear itâs not been so bad there.  --  Griff

Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 8:35 AM
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: Prince George X Designer Gown - double edges

Didn't get a chance to wade in and measure it, but this one looks
like right at the border bearded breakline.  Horizontal falls not such
a bad deal on short stuff.

There's a dark purple wire rim edge around the falls.  Hope you can
see it.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis - raining again, of course