TB 'Patriotic Heart' sport ?
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: TB 'Patriotic Heart' sport ?
  • From: "Paul" <arilarcher@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 23:15:06 -0000

I had a clump of 'Patriotic Heart'. One section of it bloomed differently than the rest with more dotting of it's petal centers and the throat than what it is known for (white with a blue plicata rim on S and F). One stalk and blossoms were even chimeric with part of it normal, the other with more dotting. Pic are posted in "Paul Archer';s' photo album.

So, I have divided it and separated each rhizome on it's own. The mutated rhizomes have remained stable with the new dotting pattern.

So my questions are

1) Has anyone else seen this in this cultivar or others (excluding the Registered Broken Color varieties)?

2) Does anyone really care or think it's significant enough?

3) Should I Register it as a sport?

4) Maybe if someone suggests a really good Registration name for the sport I'll give them a free one if they want it. My suggestion is 'Patriotic Sport' .