HYB: Selection for PBF (purple based foliage)
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: HYB: Selection for PBF (purple based foliage)
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 13:42:21 -0700 (PDT)

These are the bases of the four best (for PBF) seedlings from the row of AMERICAN SWEETHEART X (HONKY TONK BLUES X aphylla BALASCUTA). Three of these have bloomed and were pretty enough flowers for me. ;0)
The fourth won't bloom until next year. There's one other that has PBF that's also this good, but I didn't like the flower so I've planted it over nearby. They just finished flowering so I hurried up and dug and replanted so they'll have plenty of time to gear up for next year when I'm hoping to intercross them.
Tom

image/pjpeg